Friday, February 5, 2010

San Francisco Trip Via Amtrack

Richard and I went for a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to the Streets of San Francisco on an Amtrack Train/Bus in January.  It was WONDERFUL!  We had a very nice hotel that we got on Priceline which was very reasonable and very lovely and more than acceptable.  It was right in the Financial District and quite in the center of things.

These pictures below are taken from the top of our Club Quarters Hotel.

Friday we walked all through Chinatown with wonderful weather.  It was so fun to see all the people and all the shops.  We stopped in a park to watch about 30 groups play some form of cards on upside down boxes, or whatever devise they could find.  Men playing.  Woman playing.  Skateboarders doing their loops in a special park.  It was fun!  (Didn't take camera with me.)

Friday night Whitney and Bret picked us up and took us to a Thai Restaurant that was so good.  The best soup I've ever had, plus everything else was delicious.  Of course it was delightful being with them.  (Had camera, but forgot to take pictures of cute Whitney and Brett.)

Saturday we walked down to The Ferry Building and had a scruptious breakfast looking out on the water.  Another beautiful day perusing the Farmers Market and shops.  (No Camera, once again.)

We took Cable Cars East and West and saw all that was available at each end and everything in between.  Then we took them North and South and did the same thing!  It was so fun.  There are so many interesting people to see, interesting places to see, and street entertainers to enjoy and tip.  We had a great time!

Saturday night we met Brian Horowitz, one of Richard's running friends, for dinner.  It was wonderful for the two of them to see each other again, and for me to meet him.  They have a fun history together.  He told a lot of the same stories about Richard that his other running friends have told. 


Below are pictures of our new Christmas Gift to Ourselves, Blackie, a terrier mix. 
He's cute and fun, and we love him.  He's added some warm fuzzies to our life.  But, as you can see, he's black and doesn't show up in pictures very well.  Use your imagination!

7 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

No wonder I don't like San Francisco...I have never seen hotels like that there! Wow. And you got to see Bret and Whitney AND the Horowitzs!
And little Blackie, who I wished I had done a blog on. This is a great post...and next time I see you would you mind telling me how you got those red words? I love that!

Karen Mortensen said...

I am glad you had a wonderful time in San Francisco. That place is so nice. Your dog is cute too. I am glad you guys like him.

Richard said...

Sounds like a great trip. Whitney and Bret reported that they really enjoyed dinner with the two of you. Next time you'll have to take a detour to Alameda and see their cute island!

Richard said...

Looks like you've taken the belt and suspenders approach to home security...a gated parking lot and a fierce watch dog!

Anonymous said...

So good to see you're being faithful to your resolve to blog each month in the year 2010! Blackie's darling.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to comment on my blog to see if comments get through. This is a test.

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can reveal that I agree with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is even now a question as you did in the decrease publication of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=windows xp dark edition 6 powerpack ?
I noticed the axiom you suffer with not used. Or you partake of the black methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg