I'm sorry friends. I got kicked out of my previous post before I was finished!
I want to show some scanned pictures of Richard and Me while on the Zip Line.
I hope I can find them. (Curse, curse.)
Look at the people smiling. Look at the blue skies and the lovely ocean.
That was not what happened to us. The sky was filled with dark rain clouds. The wind was blowing. It was freezing cold.
AND, and this is a VERY BIG AND, WE DID OUR LAST JUMP IN TOTAL DARKNESS!!! Hence, the black in the background of our pictures!!!
I know I'm complaining a lot, but I really was terrified. I still can't say I had FUN, but I love having the bragging rights that I DID IT!!!
Richard was such a good sport. My sister is still having post traumatic stress syndrome as am I.
But, we did it and we have the tee shirts to prove it!!!
Love, Sue


8 comments:
Good job. I am proud of both of you.I am still shuttering from when you told me about it.
Huh? TOTAL DARKNESS....ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I would have died first. So what would have happened if a person let go? And how long did this ride from hell last?
Jill, You are so funny! The hanging on just kept you upright. If you let go you'd go upside down and since you don't have shoulder straps, that would not be a good thing. (I suppose you'd dangle by your legs being strapped in.) Our appointment was at 3:00 and we didn't finish until 5:45 and by then it was dark. They didn't have any lights on the mountain or even on the platform. It was scarey. Someone suggested that it was probably better to go in the dark so you couldn't see the height at which you were traveling! Didn't the video make it look so fun and effortless?
It was psychological for me. I knew it was safe. Susan
That is too cool...I would do it!
-Dennis
Sue I heard about this trip...wish so much we could've been there too! What a great weekend...sans the zip line. :-) I hate to say it, but that probably would've been my favorite part. We love you!!
Dustin
I love this so much. I too was in shock when I read the part about total darkness... you guys are crazy. Glad to see it was such a fun trip. I love your updates, keep them coming!
Are you sure there were no drugs involved? My brother in law Dennis is a cop (sort of) and he will have to check this out.
The things we do for love! I got the biggest kick out of your adventure. Keep the stories coming!
Post a Comment