Saturday, December 6, 2008

70th Birthday!!!

The bulk of the Blog is below these pictures. Cut and Paste doesn't work for me with either the pictures or the script. Deal with it! I'm so frustrated. Regardless, I had a GREAT 70TH BIRTHDAY!




Dear Friends in the Blogosphere!

Thanks to many of you, I reached my goal to receive 70 cards for my 70th birthday! My daughters shamelessly called and/or emailed anyone who remotely knew me and asked them to send cards! I heard from some very long-time friends for the first time in years. It was WONDERFUL! And thanks to all of them for being such good sports.
In addition to actual "received via USPS," I got e-cards too. Also, a birthday song on my answering machine from Nauvoo where the Visitor's Center President and his wife took time out to remember me.

I had a wonderful birthday. Richard took me to a movie, which was my heart's desire. The movie didn't measure up to our expectations, but the popcorn did!

Then we went to Kirin's Restuarant with family and friends. It was so much fun. One dear friend gave me a deck of playing cards (52) plus an additional 18 cards. She said, "I heard you wanted 70 cards for your birthday." Hilarious!!! And oh, so clever! So I did get 70 cards, twice!

What I want to do now is show you the picture of my front door where I have most of the cards taped. It's a work of beauty to me! I want the picture to be down here, but as soon as I download or attach it or whatever it is that I do to get it, it will be at the beginning of the post. Heavy sigh. I'm such a novice at this. Oh wait, I'm old now. That's to be expected! (Copy/Paste doesn't work.)

Next, I want to show you some pictures we had taken. I want to put them here, but they'll be up there.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures of you and Grandpa. I really like them. I love the card idea. Maybe I can steal that idea for my 5oth next year. Is that okay? Hey, maybe when I come down for Christmas I can show you how to do some things. I am somewhat limited, but I can show you what I know.

Susan Rozier said...

Sounds like a good plan Karen. I need all the help I can get! Susan

Grandma Honey said...

Nice pictures. I'm glad you got your 70 cards. If I had known you were going for that I would have given you more than one! :) I had fun reading the ones Jamie gave you. Her sense of humor is just like yours!