^
This is a picture Larry took. He even labeled it and gave us a framed copy. We loved this part of the trip the most.
^
Larry drove our rental car downtown NYC. It was awesome to see it even if it was just from the car.
^
This is a very unusual view of our ship--The Norwegian Dawn.
^
View of the City from the upper deck as we sailed out of the Harbor in NYC.
^
It was awesome to see the Statue of Liberty! It was a first time for me and very emotional. There was a real party going on in the ship. The festive atmosphere and patriotic music definitely added to our feelings of love for our country.
The cruise went first to Halifax, Nova Scotia, then to St. Johns, New Brunswick, both in Canada.
From there we went to Bar Harbor, Maine; Boston, Massachusetts; Newport, Rhode Island, and back to NYC.
It was lovely in every way. Even though our tender got lost in the fog on the way back to the ship!
^
Meal times were always the best times!
^
Joan and Larry Goss, our delightful traveling companions. Their daughter is married to my daughter's brother-in-law. That's why we call them our shirt-tail relatives!
^
One of our main reasons for the cruise at this time of year was to see the Fall Colors! Although we didn't see mountain sides full of Autum colors, we did see some of what we wanted in short bursts.
^
At some ports it was sunny and wonderful.
^
At one it was foggy!!!
^
Beautiful always no matter the weather.

4 comments:
So glad you remind me to check this. I love your updates.
Question: What/Who is a tender?
Okay, now I understand what shirt tail relatives are! I had just never heard that expression before.
I can't even imagine what it would be like to go down the streets of NYC with all those tall buildings on either side. And the Statue of Liberty..that would have done something to me, too.
But that picture of the Sacred Grove is the best! What a capture.
I wish you could have gone to see the Statue of Liberty up close and take the walking tour. It is amazingly touching. I had on this head set, and tears were streaming down my face. You should put that on your bucket list! Very nice pictures it looks like you had lots of fun. I want to go on your next trip!!!!! Even if it is an anniversary
Two's company, three's a crowd.
Post a Comment