Thursday, May 26, 2011

Richard's Childhood Home in San Francisco

On our recent trip to San Francisco to meet up with our friends, Jackie and Ken Oyer, we found Richard's childhood home.  Below are pictures of the home which is located in the Mission District.

His dad and stepmom, he and his brother Gene lived on the 3rd floor for about 4 years.
v


View across the street.
v

Lot next door
v

These next two pictures are of Erna Hansen's nearby home, Richard's first teenage puppy love.
v

Richard had so much fun with his hat, especially on the train.  Even the conductor borrowed it while he collected tickets!
v

Ken and Jackie Oyer who did so much for us.  Finding the home was a real quest and greatly appreciated!
v

Both Ken and Jackie ran in The Bay to Breakers race.  This was even more remarkable as Ken had recently had foot surgery and this was a "test run."  He did great.


3 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

Erna?? Well. Never heard of her. I wish we could find out what happened to her...wouldn't that be fun!

I don't think I've ever seen his childhood home. Next time we go to SF I will need to get that address.

Very interesting post!!
Love Dad's hat.

Karen Mortensen said...

What a fun trip. Glad you found the house.

Richard said...

We've been to the neighborhood but never seen the home until today!