Wednesday, February 15, 2012

JANUARY 2012 MONTHLY UPDATE

In an effort to entice myself to blog regularly, I'm trying for one blog each month this year.  Inasmuch as today is February 15th, we are not using excuses like "January is already over."  Being timely is not important nor is it part of my resolution, so  ONWARD!

I was sick with bronchitis for 3 weeks this month.  Richard took such good care of me.  That was a great blessing, however I must document the events I missed during this time: 

1.  Jerry Seinfeld Performance at Saroyan Theater (This was HUGE.)
2.  Prepaid 1 hour full body massage, which Richard took.
3.  Several dinner invitations, which Richard took.
4.  Missionaries for dinner, to whom Richard served "Me 'n Ed's" Pizza.
5.  Normal things like attending the temple with Jamie and movies with Nellie.

Richard had surgery in Modesto (2 hours away) to replace the batteries that regulate his Deep Brain Stimulator.  This required 3 trips to Modesto.  Thanks to Robin for going with us once to help drive home in the dark.  Richard had absolutely no pain from the surgery or incisions.  Either he had a great doctor or he has a very high pain tolerance.  He was amazing.  His granddaughter, Mackie, said, "Not everyone can say their grandpa has batteries!" 

We took a bus trip tour to Yosemite.  It was GREAT to leave the driving to "them."  We made our way to The Ahwanhee Hotel, which was my desire, and stayed there the whole time.  Besides being rustic-ly antique-y and majestic in an understated way, they have a gigantic fireplace that has a ledge to sit on right next to the fire.  We had a scrumptious lunch there in the massive dining room.  We took naps on the comfy sofas, read books, (or in my case, listened to books), and generally just had a peaceful and restful day while observing the splendor of Yosemite in January through the massive windows.  The bus was very nice, and we're hoping to take more trips with this tour company.

My partner and I were able to go Visiting Teaching on the 31st of January.  Richard said a guy was bragging that he did his Home Teaching on the 1st of every month.  Richard told him he did better than that, he did his on the day before!

Blessings include cozy warm bed, comfy home, Priesthood blessings, access to good medical care, special people who brought in meals, fireplace to plop in front of, Blackie to sit on one's lap, and so much more.  Good things have already happened in February.  Stay tuned.  Susan C. Rozier aka Grandma Susan

3 comments:

Richard Jr. said...

What do you expect from a guy whose running club mantra was, "No whining and the beatings will stop when morale improves...!"

Corinne said...

Sue, I love your new resolution to blog each month. It will be like a journal entry. I hope you have a healther February. I really loved our visit. Love, Corinne

Grandma Honey said...

Hurray Hurray! You are back!
You forgot to mention that I had this bronchitis with you. :) We had empathetic comparisons anyway.

I'm surprised about my Dad and the massage. Really??? I wonder how he liked it.

I'm already looking forward to your next post! I'm looking forward to hearing about your weekend with your sister and brother in law.