Saturday, October 18, 2008

One Year of Marriage Completed This Date


October 20, 2007 was our wedding date.


ONE YEAR LATER, THESE ARE MY OBSERVATIONS OF LIFE WITH RICHARD ROZIER:


* He makes me laugh daily!

* He is kind, thoughtful, and sweet!

* He is passionate about the Stock Market.

* He does the dishes always!

* He is extremely appreciative of my efforts to cook; complimentary even!

* He takes VERY GOOD care of me and is VERY GENEROUS.

* He asks for directions when the Magellan isn't working.

* He does the laundry a lot. (He opts for 1 rinse cycle only. The other day I discovered that when I do the laundry and opt for 2 rinse cycles, he goes in and changes it when I'm not looking!)

* He loves (as in ADORES) his family!

* He is friendly and outgoing with everyone--neighbors, clerks, and especially people we meet while walking each day.

* He accepts me, as is, totally (this includes my cough).

* He is a loyal friend.

* He has the cutest crinkly eyes that sparkle when he winks at me.

* He is steadfast in his faith.


OF COURSE, HE IS THE BEST PART OF BEING MARRIED, BUT OTHER GREAT BENEFITS FOR ME ARE:


* His wonderful family. They have been so gracious to me. I love and appreciate them all so much! (THIS SHOULD BE SHOUTED FROM THE ROOFTOPS WITH A LOUD SPEAKER!)

* We have sufficient for our needs.

* We have a lovely home comfortably furnished.

* I can have manicures and pedicures--I had them before, but now I can afford them!

* My family loves Richard! Whenever we talk, they always say to tell Richard hello (not just my kids, but my siblings too).

* We have a cleaning woman twice a month! (This is HUGE for me.)

* We have a very nice car.
* It is SO MUCH better to cuddle with Richard than with my teddy bears.


SYNOPSIS OF OUR YEAR TOGETHER:


October 2007: Marriage and Honeymoon to Hawaii.


November 2007: We fly to St. George and drive back a truckload of Susan's "stuff."


December 2007: Richard has new batteries implated and we move to our new home.


January 2008: We buy all new furniture.


February 2008: We fly to Salt Lake City for a wonderful reunion with friends and family.


March 2008: I have open heart surgery for 3 by-passes.


April 2008: Funeral for Robin Groff, Richard's granddaughter. We go to the Boston Marathon and have a wonderful vacation.


June 2008: We drive to Salt Lake City through Yosemite. Visit friends along the way. Have wonderful reunion with friends and family and bring more of Susan's "stuff" back from Utah.


July 2008: The death of Chris, Richard's youngest son.


August 2008: Fabulous Rozier Family Camp. Memorial for Chris.


September 2008: Trip to San Francisco. Called on 1 month Temple Mission.


October 2008: Completion of a VERY HAPPY YEAR THROUGH THICK AND THIN!


My Wedding Picture





7 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

This was VERY fun to read. Oh yes, the rinse cycle...he hasn't changed a bit over the years. I love double rinses however and usually set mine for that. What a year you have had! We all love you Susan and so happy Dad found you!!! I know everyone agrees!
BTW, Can we come over tonight and use your shower? Our hot water heater is not working. :((

Anonymous said...

Susan, This is so nice. I am so glad that Grndpa found you. He was so so sad after Gaynor passed away. He is back to his old self now and so happy. You know how much I love him. I am so glad to be getting to know you. You are a great lady. Wished we lived closer so we could "hang out" as they say. I am glad you still go over to Mom's to have dinner. She just loves doing that.
My email is kmort10@hotmail.com

acte gratuit said...

Hee hee! I love the last picture!!!

LaLa said...

He sounds wonderful and I'm glad you've had such a great first year! I'm so happy that you're SO happy!

Anonymous said...

Susan where are you??? I miss you on my blog.
http://tkdmortensen.blogspot.com

Richard said...

You look years younger than when you married...it must be the single rinse cycle paying off.

Bret Baker said...

I had no idea you had a blog! and What?? You guys came to San Francisco and didn't let us know, we live 10 minutes outside of they city and 10 minutes away from Emeryville. Let me know next time you're up in the bay area, I would love to see you guys. By the way this is Whitney Rozier Baker